Thursday 15 December 2011

Exhausted.

I am so tired.

I've been spending so much time at the hospital, as my grandad is very ill. On Saturday, my family got called in as his breathing had deteriorated. The doctors said that there was nothing much else they could do. We all truly thought that he was leaving us, and so we stood around crying our eyes out. I was nowhere near ready to say goodbye to him., which made it 1000x times worse. I was at the hospital until 11pm that day.
But luckily over the past few days he's been improving. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping he will be out by christmas. Of course, anything could happen between now and then, so I shouldn't raise my expectations too high.

And so when I've been coming home from school, I soon head out again to the hospital. Sometimes I even have to take my work with me. I just don't have any time to RELAX.

Even more draining is that my friendship group at school is having it's fair share of problems and arguments. I just don't have the energy for this. I can only take so much!
But at least I have my priorities straight - my family will always come first. My friends will just have to deal with it.

Thank God it's the last day before the Christmas holidays tomorrow. I need some sleep.

2 comments:

Jojo777 said...

I'm so sorry for everything you're going through!! That's really hard, and I could see how you'd be so emotionally drained. Just hang in there and think positive. And definitely get some sleep!

I've had my share of issues with friends in the past few months, so I can definitely sympathize on that. I'm sure it'll pass, and hopefully soon. Sometimes that kind of drama ends up showing me who my real friends are.

I'll be wishing for the best for your family! Here's to hoping you have an amazing Christmas with your grandad :)

starling68 said...

Thank you for your comment and reassurance Jojo, you don't understand how much I appriciate it!
Sometimes it's just nice to know someone is listening to me!

I'll take on your advice - at least now I have some time to relax now I've broken up from school.

And thanks for your well wishes, it means a lot. x