Thursday 19 January 2012

Come to a decision...

I've decided to stay in the modelling community. I guess I was just feeling a bit.. put out.. and now after a thinking about it a lot, I've come to decision that I will not give up.
If I give up, I will never improve, and I will never satisfy that need that I have. Even though modelling can be stressful, I find that the pros overweigh the cons. Plus, I really do enjoy it - I've got attached to the community, and I think I would have withdrawal symptoms if I left! lol

I've put a plan in action to improve my skills.
I've joined Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Cycle 4, the Teen Edition. It's the best competition to improve in-game shots, and it is a great competition.

Here is my lovely model Serena.

For assignment one, we had to show what our model did on her first day of senior year.
I had a long description with this photo, but I lost it. Basically, Serena met up with her friends Kat (the redhead) and Flo (the blonde). They went to their first class together, where Serena saw the new guy and fell head over heels in love!

I think that the picture could have been improved a lot, but overall I was happy with it.


We also had the option of doing a bonus picture, where we could get 5 extra points if the picture was super creative. We had to show how our model picked her first day outfit. Again I had a description with this but lost it. Basically Serena opened a present she had wrapped for her sister's birthday, and wore the outfit that was inside of it (with the intention of wrapping it up again without her noticing).


I was SO pleased when scores were out. I was tied 9th out of 29 with 90/100 points. I got 4.5 points for my bonus too, which means I secured my place as 9th on the roster. I don't think I'll stay there, but hopefully this competition will help me improve! <3

----------

Now we are on Assignment 2. We had to show the first time our model saw her crush. Since I had done that in my first assignment, I showed my model interacting with her crush for the first time.

I spent that entire 20 minutes of homeroom staring at that gorgeous mystery boy. I didn’t even notice when my name was called out, much to the amusement of Kat and Florence. I soon learnt his name was Alex Williamson, and he had transferred from Michigan. I didn’t get to talk to him though, until a few days later.
All the seniors hang out around the back of the school when we have free periods. It isn’t the nicest place to hang out – what with its graffiti and smell – but it’s a Miami High tradition.
Anyway, Alex happened to rock up to our hangout one day. We happened to get chatting, and his cute, happy and flirty personality just cemented my already strong love for him. We exchanged numbers, and I threw him a ‘call me’ sign as he waved at me as he headed to his next class. Flo giggled at this, but Kat was too busy making googly eyes at her boyfriend to notice!

I'm much happier with this assignment, hopefully the judges will be too!

Bonus-wise, we had to present our model and their crush in a photobooth. The points would be ranked on cuteness.
Alex called me a couple of days later, asking if we wanted to head out the nearest amusement centre. Of course I agreed immediately. We had a great time, eating ice cream sundaes, playing foosball and generally having a good time. Alex spotted a photobooth and suggested we took some pictures to remember this amazing day by.

May I just add, that this photo makes me squeal with cuteness everytime I see it?


----------

I've also tried out for the third cycle of PINK. It doesn't mean I have a place in the competition, but I've put forward my case for Bliss to accept me! It is an incredible editing competition, so hopefully I can improve in that area too.
I will show my entry in the following post, with a picspam of my gorgeous model!


2 comments:

nuttychick123 said...

Serena is beautiful Starling! You create gorgeous models <3! I love those pictures, especially the photobooth ones hehe ^__^ I'm glad you're not leaving :)

starling68 said...

Thank you so much Nutty!
The photobooth pictures were so much fun to do hehe :)