Friday 3 February 2012

GJWHF Assignment 4

It was that time of year - the Miami Springs High Annual Senior Pagent. It always created a buzz around the class. Not all participated, but all watched and admired the pretty girls on stage.

As we stared at one of the posters hanging up around the school, I heard Kat behind me say "Serena, I think you should sign up."

I scoffed. "Me? Hahahaha, you must be joking."

"I'm not. You know what, I think we should all sign up. It'll be so much fun!"

Flo nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, I think it would! Come on Serena, pleeeeeeeeeeease?"

I groaned. "Fine. It's so obvious who's going to win though." I shot a look at Kat. "You're a cheerleader, oh-so popular and gorgeous, inside and out."

Kat laughed. "Awwwww. You're so kind. But it's not about the winning, it's about the taking part!"

She was just saying that. Anyway, the day of the pagent had arrived. I do have to admit it was so much fun, especially as I was with my girls.
As we stood, waiting for the announcement of the winner, I kept thinking "It's gonna be Kat."
So oh boy did I get a shock when my name was called!! "Serena VanHouston is the new Miss Miami Springs High!"
I was so surprised, and Kat and Flo just jumped on me and hugged me to death. Well, not literally of course. They were so happy for me - man, I love those girls <3
And Alex had promised to record the whole thing for me. Awww, what a sweetheart. I really do have the best friends in the world.

No comments: